- Winner of a Parents´ Choice Foundation Silver Honor Award. Parents´ Choice calls it a "clever, fun-to-play, mind-expanding game."
- Recommended for ages 8 to adult
- Starter game, Full-Deck and Solitaire versions included in instructions
- For 1-4 players, or play in teams
- Made in America!
Play on Words is the super, get-your-brain-in-gear, word game with CARDS. Get ready to play a word game a whole new way! Break free from the constraints of tile/grid word games and simply play on a tabletop. Players build words from 8-card stacks showing available letters. Combo cards, flip cards and wild cards give even more options in finding word possibilities. In addition, during each turn players experience a whole new level of creativity by being able to "play on" (adding to, inserting or rearranging) already-played words -- even their opponent´s -- for added points! The versatility allowed in Play on Words makes this game a mind-sharpening challenge for casual word game players and word enthusiasts alike. For 1-4 players. Young players often enjoy playing in teams.
A message from the game creator: Play on Words is a unique word game because it combines the elements of two enormously popular and classic games -- Scrabble and Anagrams. The added features and versatility makes Play on Words a very engaging game. The no rush, all-face-up style of play allows for a lot of conversation between players, whether playing casually or competitively. It´s a great learning game and possibly the ultimate game to have fun playing with the English language. Play on Words has received rave reviews from word game enthusiasts, parents, teachers and kids. We are honored to have received a Parents´ Choice Foundation "Silver Honor" award, and we proudly say "Made in America."
SPECIAL FEATURES IN GAME:
- Combo Cards: CH, CK, SH, ST and TH (the five most common two-letter consonant combos in the English language)
- Flip Cards: Choose J or X, or Z or V
- 2 Wild Cards
- Special Flip/Wild Card: Double Consonant or Vowel Combo